lördag 16 augusti 2008

The perfect couple goes IKEA

That all Swedish couples fight in IKEA is a commonly known fact. I would even risk a statement that on Saturday afternoon the biggest Swedish IKEA (situated in a place called Kungens Kurva - all Polish readers are totally allowed to giggle), is not only the biggest shopping center for furniture, but also the place with the highest concentrate of relationship anger and regrets.

Which is not the case when it comes to L and I. We fight, sure. But not in IKEA. In IKEA we are agreeable, mild and compatible. We are respectful, mature and jolly. I don't confront, L doesn't criticise. "Of course, darling", "You couldn't be more right, sweetheart". Boring, proper, yet original and surprising. Us in IKEA.

Since we are moving to a completely new apartment in January and are kind of planning to stay there for a while (10 years minnimum, said L yesterday), we decided to look around for furniture already now.

I want it to be modern, I want it to be stylish. I want it to be colonial (India!), I want it to be Scandinavian. I want to mix styles, I want to the style to be clean. I want it sterile, I want it alive. God help me. We are off!

2 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

that is so fuckin sweet.
;)

M in Stockholm sa...

we had a fight later at home! and some more the day after. and the next day. and...