tisdag 18 mars 2008

Stockholm played along

It snowed today in the microworld. A walk from work home made me realise how much the white sheet suits this city. Missed the view of snow falling to the sea, melting in it. Dark, slow water under Stockholm bridges, the harbor - all that made me realise how I like being here.

Came back from Gothenburg yesterday, a city that was traditionally so good to me. It is virtually a different Sweden there and different kind of Swedes, smiling and slow, with carpets of crocus all over the city every time I visit. A tram ride reminded me of sweet university times, almost looked for some familiar faces from the period in my life when I studied, read books and made friends onboard.

Stockholm played along my feelings today and I am grateful for it. A colleague and friend passed away in the morning and most of us who exchanged sad, surprised messages about that today could not really stand the thought of him having a coffee with us just last week and now being so simply, terribly gone. You cannot really take it easy a bit, can you? I asked him then. He could not.

I thought about that walking above the dark water, in the lazy, camling snow. Gaining distance. It was soothing and good.

Inga kommentarer: