onsdag 8 oktober 2008

On Swedish man. Again.

For Polish language readers, there is an excellent article about the Swedish family model in Duzy Format. You can read it here.

My experience does not include kids yet. My experience includes however being completely invisible for the guys on the streets. I absolutely do not expect hordes of heartbroken males taking off their coats so that I don't step in a puddle, only a slightest hint of "I see you" in their eyes. It was like that until...

One Sunday afternoon I walked to meet L outside a grocery store. I wore my old, old jeans jacket and a casual dress. I had no make up and the only cool thing I had with me was my Baboushka shopping bag (really cool!). A 100 per cent Swedish guy passed me by, stopped and said: "I'm so sorry. I hope I don't offend you. But you need to know I think you are very very cute". I fainted!

When I collected myself from the pavement and got to the store, I told the story to L, who applauded "Congratulations, darling".

That is what Swedish guys are like.

Inga kommentarer: